I got around to playing with my gelli plate to try to make some monotypes at home similar to what I can do in the studio with a press.
I still have a fair amount of experimenting to do to get the Goldilocks linework – just the right thinness, just the right splotchiness because I like that look within reason, just the right thickness to be bold and read cleanly.
Which is extra difficult as I was working at 5×7″ instead of a larger size.
But nonetheless, it was fun and I got some interesting results:
There were others, too, but there ya go. All done with Akua inks.
Oh, and I did make one of Noah but he doesn’t quite look right here…