Friday Stitch Day Update: November 5, 2021
No knitting this week, and I didn’t really stick to the daily themes for stitching either, opting to focus on Halloween pieces.
Which included a small finish that I just started on Halloween, “Casting A Spell” by Homespun Elegance:
I did do a bunch of thread substitutions:
- DMC 4503 for Weeks Dye Works (WDW) Bark
- Gentle Arts Sample Threads 0180 Spring Grass for DMC 471 and 318
- DMC 4130 and 4124 for WDW Colonial Copper (4124 for the flowers, 4130 for the other spots)
- DMC 4240 for DMC 333
- DMC 3021 that I overdyed for WDW Onyx on the urn
- DMC C310 for WDW Onyx on the witch and the key
- DMC 4066 for WDW Apple Cider and DMC 580
- Gentle Arts Sampler Threads Crone for WDW Wood Trail
The fabric is 22-count aida that I dyed myself with Rit Dye.
So… yay! A finish!
I also started another small Halloween piece, “White Pumpkin Patch” by By the Bay Needleart:
And worked on Lila’s Studio‘s “Halloween Quaker“:
I did get a little bit in on Blackbird Designs‘ “It’s Spring Fever”:
And a bit on Tiny Modernist‘s “Land of the Free“:
And Moira Blackburn Samplers’ “Don’t Worry Spiders“:
Plus “Refuse to Sink” by Hands On Design:
And I re-started Michelle Ink Designs‘ “Quaker Gone Tropical” on 22 count aida I hand-dyed:
Way easier than the 28-count monaco I was trying to stitch this 1 over 1 on before, lol…
And I learned my lesson from Halloween Quaker, so I started in the top right corner to work back and down according to where it’s easiest to hold and handle.
Not much else done other than some aida dyeing and also I balled up the next skein of that handspun wool and silk yarn for the Interlude“” rel=”noopener” target=”_blank”>Interlude shawl: